Saturday, June 25, 2011

Maybelline Falsies "Flared" Mascara

I love Falsies mascara, and I usually use the Black Drama version.  I saw this one on display and couldn't pass it up. 



I was impressed with the brush:


The handle is flexible- bendable, really:


I love, love, LOVE this mascara!!  It isn't heavy on my lashes at all, and it doesn't clump, smear, or flake.  It doesn't give that cakey, furry look of a lot of volumising mascaras, it looks more natural.  For those of you who don't know, I am a natural blonde, so my lashes are really light. 

Here is my before and after:


I took the "After" photo immediately after I applied.  I was like, whoa.. remind me again why I don't wear mascara??

I also used more coats to try to get the "flared" effect, but I liked how it looked at first.  I kept coating and separating so many times, I should have just left it alone, but to give a proper review, I wanted to achieve the maximum results possible. 

Here is how that turned out:


I absolutely loved how it felt so weightless, not crunchy at all.  I just started using Falsies this year, after many years of Dior, but I hope they never stop making it!

I know different mascaras can be irritating to some, but if you can wear Maybelline mascaras, I say definitely go for it.  

8 comments:

  1. this look great! i love the flared look. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have invisi-lashes too. I like this mascara but I think the product name is incredibly misleading as nothing will ever give you a falsies look except for ... you guessed it, falsies!

    Nevertheless, this was a good review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! I was going to purchase this, but I was skeptical of the results. I definitely will have to try it out because I absolutely love their mascaras :)

    Please comment/follow my blog &
    I'll definitely return the favor :)

    www.happykikay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try this out. I haven't tried the Falsies mascaras, but my sister swears by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a bendable wand like that!!! I'm such a sucker for nifty inventions hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great review! I LOVE Maybelline mascaras, so I will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks really good, i'm always trying new mascaras, havent even seen this about so ill keep an eye out for it! following

    ReplyDelete