Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Can You Actually Have Too Much Makeup??

There was a young woman
Who was in quite a stew
She had so much makeup
She didn't know what to do
Her friends all made fun of her
Cause that's what friends do
But she was not laughing
Cause she filled up a suitcase
No wait- it was two!
She got some pink shelving
Hoping that would help some
and maybe it did
But that was just step one...



So how many people think it's possible to have too much makeup?  And understanding this is all of our passions....

Wait!!  Before you shout nooo, never.... these are all products I have accumulated over the past year or so, and doesn't count the dozen or so boxes I have given away or sold... and these are all my own purchases.  When I first unpacked, was in shock.  Now that I look again, I may be just rationalizing, but it seems to be certain that a lot of people probably have a lot more.  My point in being disappointed in myself is, I don't even use most of these things, even though I did like them at one point. 

Be prepared, its about to get messy!!

First, the stuff I actually use all the time:



Basically that, I don't use much more, but maybe that's because it's all been packed up- at least that's what I keep telling myself...

Here is the rest:










Ugggghhh, and these are all stacked 2 or 3 rows deep- the pictures show just the top layers!!

I was up until 3 a.m. trying to figure out, how did things get like this, what I should do, etc. but eventually, I had to give up... I will try another day. 

For now, this is how it looks:



Whew!  That's everything, cosmetic-wise.  I honestly don't think it looks that bad, considering... but I know I have a different perspective than many others would.  

12 comments:

  1. hey amalia :)

    nice post. to answer your Q i'd like to say NO but my hubby says YES. lol.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, that's a lot of make up!

    But then.. You should see my haircare/skincare/bodycare/fragrance collections :-S

    I'm running out of space in my flat!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is definitely alot of makeup! I don' think I could ever have too much and thankfully, I have a hubby who doesn't care how much makeup I buy! I like your set up...its coming along very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello chica! i joined a contest and i wanna win LOL. who doesnt? please vote for my entry. it is the NUMBER 7.

    it's at http://polishartaddiction.blogspot.com/

    you have to be a follower to vote.

    i will be so happy if u vote for me!!

    love love

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! You do have a LOT, but it just looks like a dream to me. I just started me collection a few months ago and my friends are already giving me trouble "what are you going to do with all of that?!?!?!" or i also hear "you have 5 of the same color lip sticks" they just don't understand LOL

    I want to get mind organized so I can see it all, because if I can't see it I don't use it.

    www.foxyariesbeautyblog.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a lot of people will say "no, you can never have too much" but I think yes, you can! I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to "waste" things, and I have to say, that I have too much makeup that I don't use and I feel like it's a waste. But maybe that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at other peoples beautiful makeup collections :)

    I am a makeup artist so I have a sickness that I am always buying stuff for my kit.In reality I am buying it because I apparently need my own Sephora or Mac in my bedroom heheh

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you think you have too much I'd be more than happy to take some off your hands! /jealousy

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are soooo well organized!!! I love how your have all your dior products in one place, that's quite amazing! P. S. You can get Queen Helene products on amazon, I provided the links in the post and I chose the cheapest options :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can never have too much makeup! As long as it is not all on your face! Ha, nice collection..

    All the best, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think yes, you can have too much makeup! if you have a ton (yes i am guilty of this), you forget about it, or rarely use it, then new stuff comes out, then it all ends up at the bottom of a "miscellaneous" drawer, but you can't give it up cuz you love it so much. i like my makeup because it's just so beautiful looking. i don't know! Anyone wanna do a blog swap?!

    http://xmissxmaryxemm.blogspot.com/

    xoxo M

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think thats a fabulous idea, we should all get something together like that!!!

    ReplyDelete