Sunday, May 19, 2013

Essence BB Cream "Universal"

I bought a couple of Essence things, and when I saw they had BB cream, of course I wanted to give it a try.


My excitement quickly faded to disappointment, and then downright anger.  Another orange product!!!! 



Comparisons: 



First of all, they make two shades of this, but this one is 01.  02 is called Natural, and from what I've seen that one would definitely suit me more.  So the saleslady thought (understandably) that 01 was lighter, and just put it in my bag without me even looking too much at it.  Then they staple the bag right away so I have no recourse once I walk out the store.  But why do I have to be stuck with this!!!!  It doesn't blend in, it just stays orange the whole time.  

Other than that, it has a really creamy texture, and it isn't completely matte, but it doesn't do much for coverage.  It has a really bad smell, but it didn't linger too long.   I don't know if I'll try the other one but it'll have to be when I calm down from this one.  I am part of the universe, and this isn't suitable for me, so please don't call it universal!!! 



Correction: Essence has three shades, 03 is medium.

5 comments:

  1. It's kind of strange that all of these BB creams look orange on you, but I guess it is because even the lightest shades are too dark for you maybe? It's just such a bummer that they don't have a actually really good selection of colors :(!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree with you, I must be paler than I thought, but I do think the Asian creams have Been a good match.

      Delete
  2. Oh no nono universal if you're an oompa loompa, right?? But even then 2 shades are not going to suit everybody.
    Hey I've never noticed your freckles before, I love them!! Promise me you will stop hiding them :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the new camera bout the freckles but hey now I'm embarrassed! ^_^

      Delete
  3. agreed its look so orange.... sad they donot have good colors essence color is so much ornage

    ReplyDelete