Thursday, June 14, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow

I just started hearing about these not too long ago, and it was driving me crazy that I never saw them!  L'Oreal is kinda weird over here, cause in the U.S. it is with all the drugstore brands and not very expensive for the most part, but here it's not in shops that sell Maybelline, for example. 

I finally found it though, and I paid almost $17 for it, which is at least double of what it goes for in the U.S.  Ughhh.........

I did not know it at the time, but this one is a matte shade.  They only had one other one though, it was grey/silver, but even though these come sealed, the product was all broken up inside, so I didn't want that one. 

This is called "Blue Curacao".



It is more of a pressed pigment, although I found the texture very pressed, so it's almost just like a regular eyeshadow. 


And the swatches:


These have been compared to Armani Eyes to Kill, but honestly, I would not compare the two except for the fact that they come in similar pots.  To be fair though, this may be my opinion because this is a matte shade, and the Armanis are not mattes.  I thought the L'Oreal was more dense in terms of product, but the Armani has been more pigmented for me when applied. 

I struggled to get the colour seen in the pot on my eyelid- rather than sweeping I kind of had to do a sweep-pat, sweep, pat.  However, the shadow itself is very smooth and buttery with no fallout (Armanis do have fallout in case you were wondering!).  It also never creased on me, and fading was only evident after 10-12 hours.  I slept in it once just to see if the 24 hour claim was true, so if you need 24 hour coverage, it will probably work for that.  I know every time I go on a really long plane trip I like to wear long lasting makeup so I don't get off the plane looking like crap. 

Overall, this is a good eyeshadow, and even though I don't love it, I would like to try one of the shimmery shades.  I just don't know if it's worth the time and effort to get one. 

*UPDATE*  I went back to see if they got another grey one and they did, I bought one but guess what???  It's a matte shade too.  I felt like an absolute idiot, except I've used it a couple times and I really love it.  But now I am a little obsessed with finding a shimmery one!!


Here are a couple of Inglot shades I swatched next to this one.  I would recommend Inglot even if it doesn't last 24 hours cause realistically I don't need that kind of wear- Inglot gave me better colour payout right away, it's easier store as well, since the single shadows are not the most sufficient use of space for me. 


2 comments:

  1. The colors look very similar.
    I like the fact that it is a matte eyeshadow.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Colour is really nice!
    I'm going to check them out
    xx

    ReplyDelete