Monday, April 15, 2013

Holika Holika Essential Petit BB Cream

This brand has a few different BB Creams, but this one said it's formulated for smooth, elastic, brighter skin.


One thing to note is that there isn't any shade choice, this is it.  I don't think it would work for anyone with a darker skin tone, unfortunately.  I'll get to that more in a minute.  

Swatches: 


It's really smooth and creamy.  It has the most coverage of any I've tried, it does cover red spots and it even covered some of my freckles: 

'
But it goes on so, so pale, almost white, it is so horrible.  I've been using it off an on for a couple weeks and it always does this.  I've deliberately not applied it on my forehead and taken these in bad light to show how white it is: 




So I waited a few minutes to see if it would warm up.  It finally does, but after 30 minutes to an hour, that's been my experience.  

Here is the result on the same day after about 40 minutes: 


So I don't have any issue with application, texture, or coverage, but I can't speak if it would be ok for anyone darker, and I'm pretty light as you can see, so if it doesn't, I'd say that's a big limitation.  But to be fair, it does state specifically it is for skin brightening.  I don't like using this one as much as the others I've tried though.  

1 comment:

  1. Its a bit silly how many BB creams come in limited shades! This is waay too white, although it does look better after it settles. It looks nice blended out in the swatch, though. xx

    ReplyDelete