Sunday, September 15, 2013

L'Oreal False Lash Wings Mascara Review

I bought waaaay too many mascaras since... I can't believe, since almost six months ago, so now I'm at the point where I have to use them or toss them. Because of that, I've really only been testing them for a couple of weeks, which I think is fair enough to come to a good conclusion on them.

This display looked so cool, showing lashes "like butterfly wings". I can't believe I'm still falling for ads like that. I haven't tried a L'Oreal mascara in a really long time so I thought it was worth a shot.








It's supposed to make your lashes "fan out".  Kind of like Maybelline's Falsies Flared.  
So far as that goes, it does. If you hold and extend the brush, you can even get a more dramatic effect than what I've shown here. My problem was I had to hold the brush with my left hand to get a good result with my left eye. Physically its a bit challenging for me, and I always hold the brush with my right hand when I do my left eye anyway.

I didn't get any smudging or flaking, and actually my lashes held the fanned out shape all day. It was also easy to wash off. But I was on the fence about this mascara from the very beginning, and ultimately decided I don't care for it. It wasn't very volumizing, and it might be psychosomatic but I felt it was a bit irritating/itchy. The brush thing didn't win me over either. However, if fanned out lashes appeal to you, I honestly don't know how to get a better effect than with this.

1 comment: