Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Avon Mega Effects "Wonderbrush" Mascara

I haven't bought anything from Avon in many years, the last time I remember was when they opened an actual Avon store somewhere and I got some bath and body stuff....do they still have Avon stores around?

When I saw this mascara I had to get it right away, it just looked too awesomely different not to try. I've used Givenchy Phenomen'eyes and similar mascaras in the past, so I didn't think being able to use mascara carefully would be a problem for me.

I wish they would have invented this sooner.

It turns out for me, I don't even have to use it carefully, it seems completely natural. You just have to push it up, root to tip, and it works awesome. On my left eye, I hold the wand with the handle upwards, it's easier that way for me. It took me a bit of practice, but I was even able to get my teensiest lashes.










My results:



From another angle you can really see:


I love, love, love this mascara!!  The brush is amazing, but I've even used it with a mascara fan brush (super easy, since the brush is so thin, just insert into the mascara part) and it's volume, length, really great.  I always show mascara swatches without eye makeup so it's easier to see, but I normally wear it, so it's easy to cover the few mistakes you see here, which was in the beginning of me using it anyway.  

It's really black, as you may know my lashes are light brown so this is a huge difference.  I also found it really long wearing, without any flakes at all.  The brush itself basically prevents any clumps as you apply, and I don't get any throughout the wear either.  Overall, it's a fabulous product I'd totally recommend!  

Pros:  Black, long-lasting, smudgeproof, lengthens, gets tiny lashes, easy to use
Cons: Brush is not typical (for me this is a Pro!), I have used mascaras that offer more volume, I don't think I can attest to any curling capabilities.  

Will you try it???  Let me know!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is superb. Great pick Amalia!
    But i agree for more volume.

    ReplyDelete