Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tints

I recently purchased two of these just to try them out.  They are lip markers.  I got 210 "Everlasting Mauve" and 700 "Nothing But Nude".



They are dual sided, the other side is a small lip balm: 


The swatches: 


Here I am showing Everlasting Mauve, because in all honesty, the nude one just never showed up well on me.  This is just the pen, no balm: 


And this is with the balm: 


I hate to say this, but this is not an easy product to work with!  First, I felt like I had to keep scrubbing my lips with the darn pen just to get enough colour.  Then it only lasts a couple of hours, with or without the balm.  The balm to me is exactly like petroleum jelly, it is so plain.  It doesn't make the colour last longer or anything in my experience.  

One thing printed on the pen is true, the colour does not transfer at all once it's applied, and that is nice.  But to have to keep reapplying such a dry product is a bit annoying and not on my list of favourite things to do at the moment, so I think I will put these aside for now.  

3 comments:

  1. I have these. I agree with your review. The lighter shade doesn't quite show up and they can be drying too. thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's a bit dissapointing about the Nude colour.... it swatched so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mauve looks lovely on you, shame about the nude x

    ReplyDelete