Thursday, April 28, 2011

Break from Blogging: Cleaning Makeup!

Oh the woes of cleaning!!  I am trying to reorganize and declutter, but it isn't going so well....
Here is part of my room so far, it's small so it's hard to get a good picture.


To give you some idea of how much stuff we're talking about here, this is my "before" picture, which is actually what it looks like now (:embarassed:) and I know it's disgusting but this is so much harder than I expected:


I decided to get rid of the plastic drawers!  The tall, skinny ones I had (first photo) were useless because they couldn't hold heavy stuff, like lot of foundation, lipsticks, etc. so they were just taking up space, and really, I have a lot of paperwork around here and they can be useful in my den.  The orange ones hold a lot, so I think I am going to have to delegate my lotions back to the hallway closet.  One thing that always irritated me was not being able to have my stuff all in one place, because half of the time it ends up sitting unused in a box somewhere because I can't figure out where to put it.  Um, yeah, that might be why this is filled with makeup I have yet to unpack:


I am not kidding, that suitcase is filled with makeup, I dont know exactly what because I haven't opened it in weeks.  I'm about to wheel it out to the curb lol. 

Wait until you see what I've got my Inglot shadows in right now, you will seriously flip. 

One thing I do like and I am wanting to keep is these little dividers for my lipsticks, I love how they just fit right in. 

I am going to do another post in a few days because I ordered this really fabulous- at least I hope it turns out to be fabulous- desk thing for my makeup area, and I am so excited about it and I will definitely post when I get all done!  I actually ordered tons of stuff, because I had no clue you could order furniture online, so I even got a new bed frame and a table too!!  In fact, I think my whole house is about to get a makeover!


Nice, no??  Come on, who are we kidding here!! Purchasing that adorable little set would be a serious act of denial on my part!!

This is what I really ordered:

My soon to be new makeup area!!

DO YOU THINK IT WILL ALL FIT??

8 comments:

  1. I've been trying to clean our bedroom for the last few months. I have run out of room to store things and refuse to get rid of anything despite my wife's complaints lol.

    That desk will make a nice makeup area and a pleasant addtion to your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! great post..I am so afraid to see where ur inglot is..those babies r like gold to me..u have a lot of makeup, which is amazing..it means u have lots of choices :D The pink desk is so cute, I luv it! I got some drawers from ikea to store a lot of my makeup in..oh and if you need palettes for your inglot (cuz I am afraid to see where they r..lol) u should check out this lady on etsy, http://www.etsy.com/shop/anothersoul?ref=pr_shop_more
    She makes custom magnetic palettes, I ordered one and they r great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Charlotte thanks, I hope so!
    @Jess nooo, I have plenty of palettes but no time to arrange them in those... I will post a pic later on where they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you order the pink desk from? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is one serious makeup collection! nice, the pink makeup area will look great x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I was like "aw, that's a cute table" and then I kept reading and saw that you got the pink one because you'd be in denial if you bought that one. Too funny. I am soooo jealous of how much makeup you have!! Sooo jealous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahahaha! I love your choice in a makeup area! All those shelves...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH GIRLY...... hahaha I can't believe that suit case is full of make-up :) Can't wait to see what it looks like once your done

    ReplyDelete