Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MAKE UP FOR EVER Lab Shine Lip Gloss Review

I love lip gloss, I really do.  Not too long ago, it was rare to see me wearing lipstick, though I would always have a lip gloss nearby.  I got this lip gloss in S26, a rosy pink.  The S stands for Star Collection, with a pearl finish, and it is a medium coverage lip gloss. 



Brush applicator:


The swatch:


The Lab Shine glosses come in Diamond, Star, and Metal versions.  Previously, I purchased ont of the Diamond glosses, and did not care for it at all.  This one does have a slight synthetic taste but that quickly fades after the first few minutes.  It is quite smooth, not sticky, and just slightly pigmented.  It also had a nice texture, which was a little thick but not too much.  It was also not drying at all, and my lips felt smooth while wearing it.  It lasted about 2 hours on me. 

It is not quite sheer, but this particular shade may appear on the sheerer side depending on the natural shade of your lips.  Here is how it turned out on mine:


Overall, this is a nice gloss and I like it.  It's just not spectacular.  I might purchase one from the Metal collection though.  


2 comments: