Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How To: Carelessly Spend $33

This has got to be the biggest disappointment of a purchase I've made in a really long time.  I went into MAC to see if they had the Glamour Daze new eyeshadows out yet (not a chance) and for some reason, walked out with this:




The problem is not that I don't like it- I do like this colour as a highlighter, proven by the fact that I have so many similar shades.  I just can't get this one to show up on me very well- it's very subtle, but it also doesn't last very long, even with primer.  The frosty white disappears within a couple of hours, and I am left with fine, silvery white glittery bits on my lids.  Other Veluxe Pearls I've had from MAC (Plum Dressing, Woodwinked, etc.) don't even have glitter, but I did read in the Marilyn collection description that it was supposed to have "silver screen allure".  

I have a frosty white in almost every brand.  I've compared these to single shadows just to make things easier.  I've started with Inglot- the closest match was 35 Shine.  


These two aren't really very similar, but it's the only other single shadow I have that is reasonably close- L'Oreal Infallible in Time Resist White.  Again- better payoff, longer lasting.  



Finally, the piece de resistance.... this eyeshadow really deserves a post of its own, but I never got around to it for some reason.  It's MUA Pearl #2.  It is almost like a cream shadow, the texture is so buttery, thick, and smooth as silk.  It's even softer than Inglot.  And it is the least expensive eyeshadow I've ever owned- I got it for around $1.  Amazing!!! 



Since I have to pay a jacked up price anyway, I've tried looking for the Extra Dimension eyeshadows online (I really wanted Round Midnight!!!) just so I don't have to walk in that store again.  But I am pretty much done with MAC- paying $25 for one of their lipsticks, does not appeal to me in any way.  This is my last impulse buy, I swear!!

Since this one was limited edition and of course, sold out now, I can't say I regret purchasing, but I have to appreciate that it's a subtle, quickly fading shadow which is not what I am used to.

1 comment:

  1. MUA is one of those which has most dupes..... and i find mua most pigmented.

    ReplyDelete