Thursday, February 9, 2012

nails inc. Bloomsbury Square "3D" Nail Polish

I bought this nail polish on a whim (maybe because I needed one more thing to get free shipping... I'm sure we've all been there lol), so I didn't really have any expectations. 

It is purple and magenta glitter:





First, the positives about this polish- it is pretty on the nail in the sunlight.  It is accurately described as "3D" in the sense that it "pops up" and out on the nail.  It is unique- the only thing I can think of that is a bit similar is nail strips, because of the texture, but there are too many differences to really compare them. 

But.... I absolutely do not like this polish at all.  First, it smells like nail polish did in "the old days".  I am not an expert on chemicals but it has something distinct smelling that I am sure they don't put in any of my other polishes. 

Second, the texture.  Glitter, by my definition, is supposed to sparkle!!  This does not.  It is so rough and bumpy, my nails felt so weird with it on, like they were "dirty" or had some bad spray paint on it.  I thought top coats would help smooth and/or gloss it... they did not. 

Here is a close up of my nail with this polish on, hopefuly this will show what I mean:


I used two coats, which was all I could stand because it was just so heavy looking on my nails. 

Last but not least, removal was the worst I've ever experienced.  I knew it was going to be difficult so I left it on until I just couldn't take it anymore, which was 5 days.  I had to use half a bottle of remover!  I had to soak each nail in the remover and still had to scrub too, which left my nails dry and damaged. 

In short, if you see this on a shelf near you..... I'd recommend you keep looking.  Me personally I would RUN!!  Far and fast.... your nails will thank you.  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I was just looking at this. Now, I think I'll pass, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh....glitters! 99% of thick glitters have that gritty feel to it, with really gritty glitters its best to use a couple coats of top coat. And as far as removal goes, pure acetone works the best if your skin can handle it, and theres something called the "foil method" that takes glitter off like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @toshiam Maybe it would work for you though..
    @Angie I've done the foil thing before like on DL glitters, even though I dont find I need to anymore really, but this one felt icky on my nails...

    ReplyDelete