Monday, February 13, 2012

Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara

I normally use Maybelline Falsies mascara, but since I had never seen this one before, I thought I'd give it a try. 



The brush is very curved:


There is soooo much product on the brush, even after swiping it a few times, it really makes applying it a mess.  That term actually basically sums up this mascara: a mess.  I really believe the brush is the culprit- the bristles are so short and sparse.  Even after using a lash comb, my eyelashes were still so clumpy.  It did also have some minor flaking by the end of the day, but it did not run or smear.  And this mascara is not comfortable to leave on all day anyway, it makes my lashes so hard, crunchy, and stuck together I couldn't wait to get it off. 

However, it did add a lot of length and I did like the curviness of my lashes after using it. 
I even held on to this mascara for over three months, thinking that perhaps when the formula dried out a bit it would perform better.  Unfortunately it did not. 

I am a natural blonde so my lashes are basically invisible, so any mascara is better than nothing.  Even though they're so light, they do have a bit of length and curl to them. 

If you were to judge only by appearance, then it looks pretty good, it may have even given me a "cat eye" look. 



The other eye, combed 3x 

I probably could have salvaged the mascara by using a spoolie or another mascara wand but frankly, it's not worth the trouble when I can just get the Falsies, which I will from now on.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow, your lashes look so long and curled with the Falsies mascara on!

    I used to use Maybelline mascaras (Volum Express was a fave!), but haven't tried them for quite some time...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er, I meant Cat Eyes, not Falsies.. Doh! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this one before. I might actually have to try this one....even though you didn't give it a good review, cause I LOVE Maybelline mascaras...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the falsies too and like you I NEED to try this out.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MissA lol!
    @Hunter87 you definitely should!
    @Angie I am so sad, I can never see your blog, only whats on the blog roll preview... idk why!! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen this before but now i'm not too sad about that... good review!

    ReplyDelete